Multiple Best In Show Winning
AUST CH TULLAVIEW TAKE YOUR MARK (AI)
Sire: CH TULLACREST ICE MAN
Dam: CH TULLACREST DEVIL INPRADA
Born: 6 September 2009
This handsome gentleman is from Shiloh's second litter. Marcus' pedigree is a combination of some of Australia's top winning and producing Border Collies of modern times. We are additionally blessed that his pedigree includes within it some of our original Tullaview lines. He has been DNA profiled, is genetically clear/normal for CL, CEA & TNS as well as for a number of other inherited conditions, holds a clear eye certificate (including gonioscopy) and has been hip and elbow scored. At 10 years old, he is unfortunately no longer available at stud and is officially retired from the show ring.
Multiple Specialty class wins
4th BC National 2016: Best Open In Show
Multiple Best In Group wins
Marcus started his show career in December 2009, and in recent years made select appearances at only a handful of shows each year. Nonetheless our special man's show-ring achievements include:
- Best In Show Specialty (NSW Southern Dist BC Club September 2015)
- Runner Up Best In Show Specialty (BCCNSW April 2013)
- Best In Show (Cattle, Kelpie, BC & GSD Club Semi-Specialty November 2012)
- Best In Show (Working Dog Club of NSW November 2013)
- Runner Up Best In Show (Cattle, Kelpie, BC & GSD Club Semi-Specialty November 2016)
- 2nd Place Open Dog (3rd Australian Border Collie National, Victoria 2014). Marcus also placed 3rd in Owner, Breeder & Handler Dog Sweepstakes
- Best Open In Show (4th Australian Border Collie National, Queensland 2016), and at almost 7 years of age he was one of the oldest in the class
- 2nd Place Veteran Dog (5th Australian Border Collie National, NSW 2019) at 10 years old. This show marks the end of Marcus' show career, having never been unplaced in his class at a National Breed Specialty!
- A further 6 x Reserve Dog Challenges at breed Specialties in NSW and Multiple Specialty Class In Show wins
- Multiple Best In Group & Runner Up Best In Group (All Breeds) awards
- Achieved his Herding Instinct Certificate in 2014
At 10 years of age, Marcus hangs up his show lead after making one last appearance at the 5th Border Collie National. However, for Marcus life will not change very much as he will continue to sleep on the couch, chase the ball around the backyard and generally be our much loved and constant companion as he has done since he first arrived in our lives a decade ago.
Critique from April 2013 BCCNSW judge, Mrs G Cook (Vic), reads: "A dog that captured my eye immediately he came into the ring. A dog of correct profile that is exactly what I am looking for in height/length ratio, size and balance. He has a firm and correct top line, tail carriage, bone and feet. He just floats around the ring as a Border Collie should. The only area that I would alter him slightly is his head. It is a little narrow for me needing a little more strength for a male and a little more stop. However it is a quality head and quite obviously of Border Collie type. Still a young dog and I am positive he will mature into something very special that in my eyes he is at the moment so he can only get better." Marcus was awarded RUBIS!
Critique from the 3rd BC National 2014 judge, Mr John Ritchie (Dykebar BCs), reads: "Another boy who scores for his correct type, size and substance - pleasing masculine head, flat skull, good stop, dark well shaped eye, good ears, moderate neck, pleasing front angles, solid body which is a tad longer than I like, excellent tail set and carriage, super hind angles with neat hocks, moved soundly and steadily out and back and showed a good side gait but not quite the extension nor drive of 1 - presented and shown to advantage - a quality Border." Marcus was 2nd Open Dog!